Setting in and out points is the first task that will be performed on every clip used in a movie. You need to choose where you want the clip to start (in point) and where it needs to end (out point)
- Select a clip and position the playhead where you want the clip to begin.
- Click on the “Edit” tab across the top
- Click on the “Set start point”. The clip will now play from where the playhead was positioned.
- Position the playhead where you would like the clip to end.
- Click on the “Set end point”. The clip will stop at this point.
(TIP: Keyboard short cut for setting in point is “i” and out point is “o”)